Tuesday 12 November 2013

Stencil Work







For my first entry on this blog, I'm posting the work we've done this lesson.
During this lesson, we learnt how to take an image from the internet and turn it into a stencil, even add it onto of the wall of an underpass or building.

Here's an example of one of the two stencil's I did. For this, I saved the Fate/Stay Night logo to my desktop then opened it up in photoshop. I used the threshold tool, by going to the adjustments tab and then 'threshold', to obtain the basic black and white style of a stencil. Then, because it wasn't as smooth as I'd wanted, I used the palette knife filter to smooth it out. This was done by going to the filter tab, hovering over 'artistic' and then clicking 'palette knife.' After that, I used to move tool to drag the image onto the background I wanted and then resized it. Using 'transform' and then 'distort' I was able to change the perspective of the image so it followed the shape of the wall, making it look more realistic. I changed the layer's setting to 'multiply' and then merged that layer down to remove the white. Finally I selected the person in the image, cut and pasted them onto a new layer and moved that layer above the layer with the logo. This was so the logo looked like it was on the wall only. Above is the final result.


This example had the same basic process. The only difference was I used three different images, one of an Umbreon, one of a Pikachu and one of a Poocheyenna, and repeated the process, only up to using the palette knife tool, for each image. Then, I moved them onto a new image and positioned them how I wanted them to go, using different layers to help make it easier. I used the text tool and stencil font for the text then merged all the layers down. Then, I continued with the rest of the process, ending up with a final result I'm quite proud of.

No comments:

Post a Comment