Tuesday 20 May 2014

Creating An iPod in Cinema 4D

First, we had to create the actual iPod. I did this by adding a cube object to the stage and adjusting it's properties to shape it like an iPod. I then added a plane object and tube object to the stage and did the same, adjusting the properties of each object to suit the needs. In this case, the plane became the screen and the tube became the menu. I also needed to adjust the positions of the plane and tube, otherwise they'd both be center inside the iPod. Then, in the Objects Manager, I selected all  three objects and grouped them together. That way I could shift all three objects without hassle. I added another plane object next and adjusted it's properties to create a floor for the iPod to rest on.
Now, I had an iPod shape and floor for it to rest on but no colour. So, I created four new materials and changed the colours of two of them and the textures of the other two. The colours I changed were black to use as the floor colour and then green to use as my iPod's colour. As for the textures, I used two, premade textures, one of an iPod menu and the other of an iPod screen. Then, I applied each texture to each object.
Finally I added a light object to the stage and adjusted it's properties and position. Below is the finished result.


No comments:

Post a Comment